Tomato and Basil Gnocchi
Heat a frying pan and add a couple of sprays of the oil, spring onions and garlic and cook on a low heat to soften.
Add the tomato passata and increase the heat slightly. After a about 3-4 minutes add the chopped basil leaves and black pepper and turn down the heat, stirring occasionally.
Bring a large pan of water with the stock cube to the boil.
Add the gnocchi and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the dumplings rise to the surface. Drain and add straight to the tomato sauce and stir gently.
Serve straight away and sprinkle a few basil leaves and cheese over the top if required.
TIP: To spice it up add ½ a chopped red chilli when you cook the onions and garlic.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
of which sugars: 7.1g
• 1 x 350g jar of Cirio Passata Rustica (ordinary passata can be used)
• 5 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely diced
• 400g fresh gnocchi
• 1 small handful of basil leaves, finely chopped
• 1 vegetable stock cube
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Rapeseed oil spray
• A few fresh basil leaves to serve
• A little fresh vegetarian style Parmesan to serve (optional)