Simple Chicken Korma
Add the flour and the chicken cubes to a medium sized bowl and stir until the chicken is evenly coated in the flour.
Heat a deep frying pan and add a couple of sprays of the rapeseed oil, onion and garlic and cook until soft.
Add the garam masala, ginger and turmeric to the onion/garlic mixture, stir and cook for 1 minute. Now add the chicken and flour and stir to evenly coat with the spice mixture. Continue cooking until the chicken has been sealed and is starting to take on the colour of the spices.
Gently add the coconut milk and the water or milk. Gently bring to the boil, stirring all the time to ensure the sauce does not split, reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 15 – 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked.
Just before serving stir in the fresh coriander.
Wonderful served with rice, naan or with a jacket potato
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time:30 minutes
of which sugars: 6.4g
• 450g diced chicken breast
• 1 x 400ml can of coconut milk
• 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced onion
• 30g plain flour (00 grade is best)
• 2 tbsp’s Garam Masala
• 1½ tsp’s turmeric
• Rapeseed oil spray
• 2 cm cube of fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped or grated
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp’s fresh coriander roughly chopped
• 100ml water or milk