Scallops with a Herb &
Place the scallops in their shells onto a heavy based baking tray.
Pre-heat the grill to medium
Add the bread, parsley, spring onion chunks, garlic, lemon zest, parmesan cheese and pepper to a food processor and blend until a breadcrumb consistency.
Divide the breadcrumb mixture equally across the top of each scallop. Spray lightly with the rapeseed oil.
Place under the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes until golden brown and the scallops are cooked.
Serve straight away with a mixed green salad.
NB: I have not used salt in this recipe as the parmesan cheese will take care of that!
Prep time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
of which sugars: 1.4g
• 6 scallops in their shells, cleaned
• 2 slices of thin white bread, torn into pieces
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled
• 1 spring onion, trimmed and cut into large chunks
• 1 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp of fresh parsley leaves
• zest from 1/2 lemon
• some freshly ground black pepper
• Rapeseed oil spray