Salmon and Spinach Gnocchi
Heat a frying pan and add the butter, spring onions and garlic and cook on a low heat to soften.
Add the salmon and increase the heat slightly. Turning the salmon occasionally so not to break up the chunks. After a about 3-4 minutes lay add the spinach leaves and black and red pepper and turn down the heat, stirring occasionally.
Bring a large pan of water with the stock cube to the boil.
Add the gnocchi and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the dumplings rise to the surface. Drain and add straight to the salmon and spinach mix.
Gently stir so the gnocchi are covered in the salmon juices.
Serve straight away and sprinkle a few basil leaves over the top
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
of which sugars: 1.7g
• 2 salmon fillets (approx. 120g each), skin removed and cut into chunks
• 2 spring onions, finely sliced
• 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely diced
• 400g fresh gnocchi
• 2 handfuls of washed spinach leaves
• 1 vegetable stock cube
• Freshly ground black and red peppercorns
• 5g unsalted butter
• A few fresh basil leaves to serve (optional)