Prawn and Cod Jambalaya
Heat a large deep heavy bottomed frying pan and add the rapeseed oil. Add the onions, garlic, chili and peppers and cook until softened.
Stir in the tomato puree and Cajun spices, cook for another couple of minutes.
Add in the rice, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring slowly to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook for a further 15 minutes until the rice is tender but not too soft.
Add the cod and prawns, stir occasionally and carefully so not to break up the fish and cook until the prawns have changed colour, about 4-8 minutes.
Serve in warmed bowls and sprinkle over the fresh chives just before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
of which sugars: 8.3g
• 250g long grain rice
• 300g raw king prawns, peeled and deveined
• 200g cod fillet skinned and cut into large cubes
• 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
• 450ml of vegetable stock
• 1 green pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
• 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely sliced
• 1 medium red onion finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp Cajun spices
• 1 tsp rapeseed oil
• ½ green chili, de-seeded and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp tomato puree
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
Gluten and dairy free