Moroccan spicy meatballs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 350g polpa crushed tomatoes or rustic passata
• 140g canned chickpeas (drained weight)
• 4 low-fat sausages (meat or plant-based)
• 1 tablespoon Ras el Hanout spice mix
• 1 small handful fresh flat leaf parsley
• 1 small handful fresh corriander
• Rapeseed oil - 2 teaspoons
Remove the sausages from their skins.
Place the chickpeas into a blender with half the of the parsley and corriander and blitz until a bread crumb consistency.
Place the sausage meat, Ras el Hanout spices and blended chickpeas into a bowl and mix together until evenly combined. Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and roll into balls
Heat a heavy-based frying pan, add the rapeseed oil and then the meatballs and cook until evenly coloured on all sides (approx 5-10 minutes).
Add the crushed tomatoes polpa to the meatballs and simmer for a further 5-6 minutes. Serve straight away with a sprinkling of freshly chopped coriander and parsley.