Easy King Prawn Dhansak Curry
Heat a heavy based large saucepan and add a couple of sprays of the rapeseed oil. Add the onion, garlic and chilli cook gently until softened.
Add the garam masala, fenugreek, tomatoes and lentil soup. Stir and reduce to a simmer.
Cook for a further 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Now add the raw prawns and stir in and cook for a further 5 minutes until the prawns have turned pink.
Once cooked add the freshly ground black pepper and top with the coriander leaves.
Fantastic served with rice or naan bread and sprinkle a few basil leaves over the top.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
of which sugars: 9g
• 1x 400g lentil soup
• 300g raw peeled king prawns
• 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely diced
• 1 red chili, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
• 3 tsp's garam masala
• ½ tsp fenugreek (optional)
• 1x 200g tin of chopped tomatoes
• A few coriander leaves to serve
• Rapeseed oil spray
• Freshly ground black cracked pepper